On Line Pilgrimage of Prayer and Events- 8 February 2023.
On 8th February 2023, we are all invited to participate in the 9th edition of the International Day of Prayer and Awareness Against Human Trafficking, promoted by the International Union of Superiors General (UISG). The International Day of Prayer and Awareness Against Human Trafficking takes place via an online Marathon of Prayer (The International Day of Prayer and Awareness against human trafficking (preghieracontrotratta.org)).
“Journeying in dignity” is the 2023 edition theme chosen by a team of young people from partner organizations. This theme calls us to journey in dignity against human trafficking, keeping as a horizon the dignity of every person, leaving no one behind. The following are a number of ways in which we all can participate
- Follow the live streaming on Feb. 8 at https://www.youtube.com/c/preghieracontrotratta.
- Pray for the victims of trafficking, involving other people, groups, communities, and associations.
- Organize a time of prayer and reflection in your parish, community, school or group.
- Follow the livestream of the online pilgrimage during any time throughout the 8 February, www.prayagainsttrafficking.net beginning with Oceania & Asia at 09:45-10:55 (CET), followed by the Middle East 10:55-11:20 (CET); Africa will feature from 11:20-12:20 (CET), Europe will feature from 12:20-13:25 (CET). From 13:25-14:40 will be a central block with a message from Pope Francis and this will be followed at 13:40-15:35 (CET) by input from Latin America; North America will feature from 15:35-16:15 (CET) and conclusion and final prayers take place from 16:15-16:30 (CET).
- Dedicate a post/tweet on your social media on Feb. 8 using the hashtag #PrayAgainstTrafficking.
- Reproduce the “Journeying in dignity” flashmob (https://we.tl/t-y1W9vJ6UTU) and post it on your social media using the hashtag #PrayAgainstTrafficking.